Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default What to serve?

Chatty Cathy wrote:

> It is "salad weather" here now, but I am not so sure about the soup - bit
> hot at the moment. But there are some really good ideas here. Couple of
> people have mentioned fruit platters - am going to go for that too.
>
> The good news is: I finally got an email from the contact person saying
> that there are "no dietary restrictions" for the delegates. That makes
> life a bit easier.

How about a cold soup? In the springtime and early summer I'm fond of a
cold cream of zucchini soup with watercress, and it's quite simple to make.
I also like both of the recipes that Jude posted earlier this year when I
was planning for my late-spring cookout. (Google for "Creamy Greens Soup"
and "Chilled Edamame-Avocado Soup".) Gazpacho is a perennial favorite, and
so is white gazpacho, which is basically a cold milky almond soup.

That's good news about the freedom from dietary restrictions. Now you can
give free rein to your imagination!

Bob