Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chatty Cathy Chatty Cathy is offline

Default What to serve?

Christine Dabney wrote:

> I think the soup idea is great too...to serve with the sandwiches, or
> cold platter stuff, or with salad. How about main dish salads, along
> with a choice of soups? Fresh fruit is good too.
>
> I am also one of those that thinks that working lunches, or lunches
> for conferences, workshops, etc don't need to be heavy meals or even
> hot meals. Or if they are hot meals, they tend to be very light.
>
> Another idea: if you go for sandwiches, you could tone them up a bit
> with say a hot sandwich? Such as the Monte Cristo, or maybe even the
> famous Italian Beef as one of the choices?

It is "salad weather" here now, but I am not so sure about the soup -
bit hot at the moment. But there are some really good ideas here. Couple
of people have mentioned fruit platters - am going to go for that too.

The good news is: I finally got an email from the contact person saying
that there are "no dietary restrictions" for the delegates. That makes
life a bit easier.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy