Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

cybercat wrote:
> "George" > wrote
>> Yes, I am not anti-sugar but am pro taste. I want to taste the components
>> of the food. I was over a friends the other night and they asked if I
>> wanted to stay for dinner. They used someones supposd high end jarred red
>> sauce. Sugar was the predemoninant taste and I could not taste the
>> tomatoes and onions at all.

> Oh, please. What brand was this? You could not taste the tomatoes and
> ONIONS "at all?"

No idea, but why is it so hard to believe? A typical jarred sauce is
made from low quality tomatoes (which have little flavor) because they
know they will be adding a ton of sugar and salt and a tiny amount of
seasonings.

You can prove it to yourself. Make a simple marinara (good canned
tomatoes, olive oil, onion and garlic) and compare. The one you made
will have at least 100 times the flavor of the jarred sauce.