Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

jmcquown > wrote:
>Ward Abbott wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:48:33 GMT, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> My friend gave me a can she got
>>> from a free food pantry and her family won't use them.

>> She took "free food" and her family won't eat it?
>>
>> I am positive there was a family that really needed it. Your friend
>> might be an ingrate.

>As someone who has heard all about her friend, they pretty much only eat the
>homemade equivalent of "fast food", i.e. frozen pizza rolls and stuff like
>that. I'm not sure why she's even going to the food pantry.

I used to be like that. Two meals a day at the fast-food
joints, then one un-cartoned and re-heated at home.

Then I learned to cook and how those black and white labels
on the side of the packages work.

This morning I scored 166.5 lbs, nude, down from 252.

There should be a law that anyone who doesn't know how
the food they eat affects their body must be replaced by
a deserving immigrant.

--Blair