Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>Canned beans are a good thing. :-) SO many things you can do with them!
>I sometimes get "Ranch Style" canned beans and toss them into the
>blender, then use the now "refried beans" (bean mush) to make nachos.

You know, you can buy perfectly good refritos in the
"furriner-food" aisle...

>Layer:
>
>Placed bean mush into a glass pie plate.
>Add a light layer of Jack cheese.
>Add a layer of Pace Picante sauce.
>Add a layer of minced or sliced black olives.
>Add a generous layer of white corn tortilla chips.
>Top with more Jack cheese and some sliced canned Jalapenos if you are
>really brave. <G>

You're one layer short for 7-layer dip. Lettuce, I think.
And the chips are for dipping. So you were 2 layers short.

Oh. Of course. Sour cream.

And for Zorro's sake, stay away from the Pace. Ketchup
with bell pepper is not salsa. Get some Herdez.

>Nuke until the cheese is all melted.
>
>Grab a beer or wine cooler, and a good DVD movie......

This part is layered properly.

--Blair
"This damn war."