Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:
>While everybody has jumped on the Tex-Mex bandwagon here -- and there's
>nothing wrong with that; I'm perfectly happy there too -- let me point out
>that you can also make falafel or hummus from canned black beans.
>
>....mmmm.... black bean falafels fried inside a corn tortilla, with a dollop
>of yogurt...

Hunh?

You're going to have to describe the structure of that.

To me a falafel is a mediterranean hush-puppy that is
crumbled into a pita.

Are you saying to make a hush-puppy out of a blob of
black beans and crumble it into a mexican flapjack?

Or make a bean burrito and deep-fry the whole thing
(which would then, of course, be a bean chimichanga...).

--Blair