Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

cybercat > wrote:
>"kilikini" > wrote
>> Nachos are a good idea, too. Yum!

>You neeeeeed some sour cream for dipping! <EG>
>
>If you look at the nutrition in black beans, you can
>easily rationalize the downside of such eating.

Complex starchy carbs like (non-fat-added) black beans
are very good for you. (You get plenty of fat from the
lean meat you eat, so let's not start that mess again).

In the nachos, by far the worst thing for you is the
greasy tortilla chips. Non-fat cheese doesn't melt
too well, except for the Kraft slices, but they all
taste like mild American cheese. Seriously; I've
tested the "swiss" and "sharp cheddar" and can't
tell them apart unless I can see the color; but they
melt great. So add lots of salsa and you won't
notice what cheese you're using anyway.

The hard part will be to find some nonfat, non-olestra
chipas...

--Blair