Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Canned Black Beans

Kili wrote:

> Yeah, it's a short cut, but I don't care! My friend gave me a can she got
> from a free food pantry and her family won't use them.
>
> Can you say black bean and cheese tacos? How about black bean and cheese
> taquitos?
>
> YUM! Couldn't have arrived at our door at a better time, too, because I
> have about 20 musgovian corn tortillas. Fry 'em up crisp and you'd never
> know that they're a little old. (Not stale, just a little crumbly.)
>
> I'll eat well for the next couple of days. I'm

While everybody has jumped on the Tex-Mex bandwagon here -- and there's
nothing wrong with that; I'm perfectly happy there too -- let me point out
that you can also make falafel or hummus from canned black beans.

.....mmmm.... black bean falafels fried inside a corn tortilla, with a dollop
of yogurt...

Have fun cooking and enjoy!

Bob