Posted to rec.food.cooking
Matt[_6_] Matt[_6_] is offline

Default non-hydrogenated frying oils

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 02:29:05 GMT, Matt wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:

>>> The amount of oil used for pancakes and french toast doesn't
>>> qualify for the acceptable use of "fry".

>> At the link above, Merriam-Webster finds it acceptable. I find it
>> acceptable. You didn't present a definition of 'fry'.

> No - you did that.
>
>> http://www.google.com/search?num=100...&b tnG=Search
>>
>> # To cook food (non-submerged) in hot fat or oil over moderate to high
>> heat. There is very little difference between frying and SAUTEING
>> although sauteing is often thought of as being faster and using less fat.
>> www.lowcarbluxury.com/cookingterms.html
>>
>> So I guess you're wrong, huh?

> I don't know how you got that impression,

Okay, you don't seem to be too good with reasoning, so I will explain
it. You said I misused the term 'fry', but you presented no definition
of 'fry'. I presented several definitions, all consistent with my
usage. That makes you wrong. Also you made false assumptions about how
I cook french toast. No big deal. Just own up and STFU about it.