Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julia Altshuler Julia Altshuler is offline

Default brazen or braisen sauce?

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:21:15 -0400, Julia Altshuler wrote:
>

>>At a restaurant last night, I ordered the special which the waitress
>>told me was fettucine with braised lamb and arugula and "with a sort of
>>brazen sauce." I asked what that was. She answered that it was "like
>>the sauce from when they braise the lamb."

> BraisING sauce, is my guess.

I'm guessing that has to be it too. I had the leftovers today for lunch
and still think the dish was a good one. The falling apart lamb and
vegetables did form a sort of sauce if you stretch the definition a bit.
Thanks.

--Lia