Posted to rec.food.baking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default substitute for a boxed mix component...

wrote on 17 Sep 2006 in rec.food.baking

> If I wanted to make my own cookie base, what recipe could I use? It
> needs to be a dry base that when mixed with butter can be pressed into
> a pan and act as the "base dough" for the cookie bars, and will not
> require a long cooking time.
>
> TIA for any insight!

Combine the first three items in this recipe to get your cookie base.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Butter Pecan Turtle Cookies

none

1-3/4 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted

2 cups whole pecan halves
2/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients until the
mixture looks like cornmeal. Pat evenly into a 13' x 9' baking pan.

Sprinkle pecans over crust. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown
sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils
for 1 minute and looks syrupy. Drizzle over the pecans. Bake bars at 350
degrees 17-22 minutes until bubbly over entire surface. Remove from oven.

Sprinkle immediately with milk chocolate chips, let melt for a few
minutes, then swirl a knife through some of the chips to marble. Don't
try to spread the chips over the whole pan. 36 bars

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan