Posted to rec.food.cooking
BOB[_1_] BOB[_1_] is offline

Default what to serve

pfoley typed:
> I would like to have a few friends of mine over some evening after
> dinner to
> play board games. I would like to serve a few appetizers, food
> pickups, and
> then finish the evening off with dessert and coffee and tea. Now, I
> can't
> serve the wrapped brie idea, that I recently posted, because the
> lady that
> gave me that recipe is one of the people whom I would be inviting;
> any
> ideas?

Along with some of the other suggested foods, add some ABTs.

They are much better if smoked, but if you don't have a smoker, you
can (sigh) cook them in the oven.

Here's a basic "recipe"

12 fresh Jalapenos
8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
Some sort of meat product
1 lb bacon, thin cut

Wearing gloves, cut jalapenos in half, remove stem, seeds, and white
ribs. Fill jalapeno halves with softened cream cheese, insert the meat
(I use BBQed brisket, pulled pork, small shrimp, etc.) then wrap each
in a slice (or half slice, if using smaller jalapenos) of bacon. Use
a toothpic to hold the bacon if necessary.

Smoke (bake, if you must) at 300F for 30 minutes, or until bacon is
golden brown. Serve and eat!

BOB