Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pepper mill

Oh pshaw, on Fri 15 Sep 2006 07:55:26p, Blair P. Houghton meant to say...

> Dan Abel > wrote:
>>I bought one of those disposable mills for camping. Worked great, but I
>>decided to replace it this year since it was pretty old. They were buy
>>one get one free! I gave one to my daughter.
>>
>>Problem is, they also need to be inverted, since the grinder is at the
>>top. The one I discarded was almost half full, and most of the
>>remainder was only half a peppercorn. Every time you invert, you mix
>>the half-ground corns with the unground ones.

> So, um, what forces you to vert it after the first time
> you in-vert it?
>
>>I have two Zassenhaus mills from Penzeys. I bought the little one,
>>because I thought the pepper would stay fresher. I just had to refill
>>it too often. I bought the larger one, and now use the smaller one for
>>white pepper.

> I saw those. Ridiculously expensive. I would never have
> gone near the Peugeots if they weren't marked down from $30
> to $9. For all other spices, I have a mortar and pestle.

I bought a Peugeot and a Perfex at Bridge Kitchenware back in the 1970s
when there were rather few sources for really good products. I don't
recall what I paid, but they weren't cheap. They both still work like new,
and I've never regretted the cost.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Is it ok to use my AM radio after NOON?