Posted to rec.food.cooking
wff_ng_7 wff_ng_7 is offline

Default Frying chicken - To cover or not to cover? That is the question.

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've done both from time to time and don't notice an appreciable
> difference, other than controlling spatter.

I also don't think it makes a big difference. But my cover is sort of
vented. The pan has two spouts and the cover goes over these two spouts. If
the cover is rotated slightly, the spouts are uncovered so the steam can get
out, but the spattering is controlled. I suppose this is similar to using a
screen rather than using a cover. The bulk of the spattering is at the
beginning of frying until a large part of the moisture boils off. I cover
during the first half of cooking, and uncover for the rest.

--
( #wff_ng_7# at #verizon# period #net# )