Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
[email protected] pepsi@home.com is offline

Default I Don't like Paula Deen

On 14 Sep 2006 12:23:13 -0700, wrote:

>pfoley wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> too...

>> > My wife (from Oregon) can't stand her. I tried to tell her that she
>> > "cain't he'p" the way she "tawks" (I'm from Texas). But old Paula done
>> > crossed the line. She uses that North Carolinian abomination, TEXAS
>> > PETE. Ikk! Gag! Hardly worth calling a hot sauce due to its blandness.
>> >
>> > What did they use on pulled pork before Texas Pete? I've made pulled
>> > pork with El Yucateco habanera sauce and with Bufalo Chipotle sauce.
>> > Much tastier.
>> >
>> > Ted.

>> I hate the expression (y'all) that she overuses; sorry about that.

>It's funny how the FN personalities all become self-parodies, with
>ridiculous overuse of favorite expressions, etc.

Maybe that's because it's a network full of people that are being
themselves. Unlike actors that play a character on TV, on the Food
Network, what you see is what you'd get in real life.

Personally, outside the television world, I'd much rather spend time
with Paula than Bobby, Ina, or Emeril. Not liking someone just
because they have an accent is like disliking someone because you
don't like their name. It's a grade school mentality, imo.