Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Jeff Edwards Jeff Edwards is offline

Default I Don't like Paula Deen

Andy <q> wrote in :
> I enjoy her show!
>
> Sure, all TV chefs have to act and talk to the camera. Paula can ham
> it up as good as the next TV chef.
>
> My all-time favorite TV chef was Justin Wilson. He was so deadpan
> funny. R.I.P.
>
> I GAR-ON-TEE!

I always got the sense that Justin was relatively genuine. Granted, I'm
sure he was putting some of it on, but I could buy that he was an old
cajun coot from the swamp for the most part. I think the problem a lot
of people have with Paula is that something about it just doesn't seem
real. Maybe she's being very true to herself, but it comes across as
over-the-top in a manufactured way.

-Jeff