Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Phil Phil is offline

Default yeast/bacteria balance

Mike, excellent commentary. And I agree. I have 2 cultures that I have been
keeping for 8 or 9 years and they are distinctly different. One is Carl's
1847, which produces a milder tasting bread, and the other is SDI's San
Francisco culture. That one produces the tangy SF flavor, which I developed
a fondness for when I lived there for many years. But then I've always used
the same flour for feeding (KA's bread flour), and make the bread exactly
the same way with KA bread flour. The breads are very different in taste.

Phil

news:mailman.15.1158079364.7449.rec.food.sourdough @mail.otherwhen.com...