Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:08:17 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote
>
>[..]
>> People point out facts that "ethical" vegetarians hate and deny,
>> but they remain facts none the less.

>Some people (i.e. you) point out "facts" that have no relevance.
>
>> It really says a lot about them
>> that "ethical" vegetarians appear to be the only people who are
>> opposed to seeing such aspects of human influence on animals
>> being pointed out, even though everyone is involved with them.

>It says a lot about you that you persist in "pointing out" that meat
>consumption leads to animals "getting to experience life" when that fact has
>no place whatever in the discussion.

It has no place in promoting "ar", but is certainly a very significant
aspect of human influence on animals none the less.

>>>Or Diderot
>>>might have presented an exaggerated, distorted, picture without
>>>deliberately intending to. Just because Diderot claims he is an organic
>>>rice former is no reason why this single individual's testimony should
>>>be taken as the final word on the matter, and cannot rationally be the
>>>object of skepticism or criticism. I do not know whether Diderot's
>>>account of the matter is correct or not. It is quite possible that it
>>>is, but there is also plenty of room for reasonable doubt, for all
>>>sorts of reasons.

>> There are none. There is much reason to believe he's correct,
>> no reason to believe he's not, and no apparent reason why anyone
>> selling organic rice would lie and say it's worse than it is. It's most
>> likely the reason he felt safe in doing so is because he's aware that
>> the majority of organic rice consumers don't care enough about
>> human influence on animals to even take such facts into consideration,
>> and this ng experience has certainly suggested that is the case.

>Those billions of animals that live and die in rice paddies also "get to
>experience life", do you "consider" that to be a "positive aspect" of rice
>consumption, eh ****wit?

In some cases, douche. In others not. Since it never is iyo, you
necessarily are incapable of comprehending any distinction between
when it would be and when it wouldn't.