Posted to rec.food.cooking
Litttle Malice Litttle Malice is offline

Default Foods, and the Spices for Them

One time on Usenet, Serene > said:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:08:02 GMT, (Kthonian) wrote:
>
> >One time on Usenet, "Mordechai Housman" > said:
> >
> >> Foods, and the Spices for Them
> >>
> >> Artichokes: Basil, chive, curry, dill, thyme, almonds, bacon, cheese,
> >> croutons, red wine, butter.

> >Huh? What about chili powder? That's what I put in my artichoke water
> >when simmering them. Excellent combination. Or garlic? Onion maybe?

> Hm. Will have to try some of this. Generally, I steam/boil them plain,
> then dip them in butter (or, rarely, mayo).

I usually dip mine in mayo with garlic powder -- in this case I
find fresh garlic to be too strong. One of these days I might put
some cloves of garlic in my water though, just to try it.

> Last night, I dipped them
> in the butter sauce from the scallops (butter, lemon, garlic) and that
> was pretty good.

Oooh, that does sound good! I don't make artichokes often, as DH
doesn't care for them. But Buddy (DS - 9) is coming around... :-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~