Posted to alt.food.wine
Richard Neidich Richard Neidich is offline

Default Saint-Joseph 2003 Offerus

FYI... I have never had a California Syrah I really enjoyed. Nor have I
ever really enjoyed a Aus Shiraz.

Therefore my experience with Syrah is limited. I have had several JL Chave
Hermitage 96 and some 98 vintages. Those are my benchmarks.

I really enjoy the older world style vs new world. That said I had some
wonderful Syrah from Walla Walla this summer at a variety of wineries while
in Walla Walla. Most typified old world style.

FYI

Dick

m...