Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Looking for Maple syrup marinade for salmon

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 12:04:45 -0600, Janet B. wrote:

> I have a nice piece of salmon that I want to smoke this evening. I've eaten
> salmon that has had maple syrup in the marinade and it was pretty tasty.
> Does anyone have a recipe for this kind of marinade. I've checked Recipe
> Source with no luck. Thanks
> Janet

I prefer Plantation Barbados molasses to maple syrup for salmon. Both
work fine however. Coat the salmon before you grill it. Season with salt
and pepper then the syrup/molasses and a little olive oil. It also works
great on grilled pork chops or grilled ribeyes. Not for every meal but it
is very tastey and it makes for a nice change.