Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B. Janet B. is offline

Default Looking for Maple syrup marinade for salmon

"Reg" > wrote in message
. ..

> If you're actually smoking it you should use the maple syrup to
> brine it, not marinate it. That could be a misnomer, though.
> Some people refer to smoking when they really mean grilling.

snip
> --
> Reg

Thanks for the recipe and directions. Yes, I am hot smoking the salmon. I
like fish in the smoker and it seems easier than the grill. You get a
light, smoky flavor and tender, juicy fish and you don't have to worry about
flare-ups from the coals scorching the fish or gluing it to the rack.
Thanks again.
Janet