Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Breadmaker recipes please!

"Phil Aypee" wrote in message
I'm in the UK so ingredients not generally available here are effectively
impossible for me (I'm disabled as well as diabetic).

www.flourbin.co.uk have a stunning range of flours.
www.lakelandlimited.co.uk do good bread machine mixes (although sadly not
low-carb ones), plus American-size cups so you can do American recipes.
Holland and Barrett do a good whey protein; their soy protein is a
reasonable sub, and is very cheap.

Here's a low-carb recipe I use occasionally, but I usually sub spelt flour
for the soy. It rises well, and the loaf is great for sandwiches.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.3/6 T2 DX 05/2004
No Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Myra’s Bread Machine Bread

If you don't mind the soy flour, here's the list of ingredient to add to the
bread machine:

3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon butter or oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup soy flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon sugar (needed for the yeast)
2 teaspoons or 1 package rapid rise yeast

White cycle, regular crust, small loaf (but use the extender, if you have
one, because this really rises well)