Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Breadmaker recipes please!

"Phil Aypee" > wrote in message
> I'm in the UK so ingredients not generally available here are effectively
> impossible for me (I'm disabled as well as diabetic).

www.flourbin.co.uk have a stunning range of flours.
www.lakelandlimited.co.uk do good bread machine mixes (although sadly not
low-carb ones), plus American-size cups so you can do American recipes.
Holland and Barrett do a good whey protein; their soy protein is a
reasonable sub, and is very cheap.

Here's a low-carb recipe I use occasionally, but I usually sub spelt flour
for the soy. It rises well, and the loaf is great for sandwiches.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.3/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
No Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Myra’s Bread Machine Bread

If you don't mind the soy flour, here's the list of ingredient to add to the
bread machine:

3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon butter or oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup soy flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon sugar (needed for the yeast)
2 teaspoons or 1 package rapid rise yeast

White cycle, regular crust, small loaf (but use the extender, if you have
one, because this really rises well)