Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_1_] st.helier[_1_] is offline

Default Something smells! (Was: Anderson Valley Pinot Noir)

"Dave" wrote .......

> St. Helier has his precious Central Otago.

You see Dave, this shows how little you know - I live 1,000 miles away from
Central Otago - in fact I rarely even drink wines from CO.

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in any NZ winery - 16 years ago
I was the marketing manager of a small concern and have been involved in
both retail and teaching about wine - but for you to suggest that I have
some over-riding interest is bunkum.

But, I do know the NZ industry better than most - but, hey, I have also
visited wineries in Australia and France and Italy and Germany and Spain and
South Africa - not in any commercial sense - just as an enthusiast.

Nowadays, my consumption is probably around 35% Australian; 35% NZ and 30%
from elsewhere.

And apart from comment about wines of note (from anywhere in the winemaking
world) you are 100% wrong if you insinuate that I have ever promoted any
wine or winery.

> Ian writes about France.

Oh bullshit - Ian is vastly travelled - his last trip of note was to the
US - again, when we was contributing (and that was some time ago) his
knowledge is much much broader that just France. Ian (not to forget his
beautiful wife Jacquie) has visited NZ and Australia and many other
countries. If you had any idea about Ian's writing you would know that he
is probably more "vocal" about Tokajii than any other particular wine.

I have never, in the eight years I have contributed here, seen Ian make any
sort of commercial comment.

So, when are you going to get off your backside and get down here and see
what us antipodeans call "Godzone" - huh?

--

st.helier