Posted to alt.food.wine
Max Hauser Max Hauser is offline

Default Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Recommendation?

[Don't forget, many people read newsgroups without posting to them, or
without posting often. And are welcome, it's public after all. The Central
Committee's preliminary vetting here would likely deepen of course, should
circumstance warrant.]

Anyway back to wine: Mark Lipton in
m :

> Two of my favorites from there are Navarro's Ancienne PN (available only
> directly from winery) and Lazy Creek's PN.

I second the suggestions of those wineries. Both do also other bottlings
including Lazy Creek's casual Pinot "red table wine" in what has been called
a European style. (More in past postings on this newsgroup.)

> Of course, Roederer Estate's sparkling wine is also made (in part) from PN
> ;-)

(That's not the half of it, but this may not be the place ...) Anyone
passing nearby should visit Roederer Estate anyway (it sort of surrounds
Lazy Creek geographically, BTW). RE has large facilities and a staffed
tasting room with a range of bottlings including pink sparklers of high or
complete Pinot content, apropos above. It's historically important to
California wine because although not, by far, the first premium
sparkling-wine producer, the firm's work since 1980 raised the standards of
California sparkling wines by example. (Again, in a European direction.)

--
"Elegance, Balance, Finesse." -- M. Salgues