Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kthonian Kthonian is offline

Default Foods, and the Spices for Them

One time on Usenet, "Mordechai Housman" > said:

> Foods, and the Spices for Them
>
> Artichokes: Basil, chive, curry, dill, thyme, almonds, bacon, cheese,
> croutons, red wine, butter.

Huh? What about chili powder? That's what I put in my artichoke water
when simmering them. Excellent combination. Or garlic? Onion maybe?

> Asparagus: Basil, caraway, celery seed, marjoram, nutmeg, oregano,
> tarragon, anchovies, bacon, cheese, lemon, mushrooms, sausage, scallions

<snip>

Okay, is it just me or does anyone else find these sorts of lists to
be kind of limiting? Heck, half of these items aren't even "spices"
anyway. Bacon? Cheese? This is just weird...

--
"Kthonian" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~