PENMART01

Default Help with cutting board

>IMO it's the washing and cleaning the keep them going,
>along with an occasional oiling, not the oil.
>Keep them clean, and oil them with any common cooking oil,
>or mineral oil, and they'll last. Wooden knife handles too.
>
>Dave S

It's not so much the oil that protects wooden kitchen implements. A good
coating of beeswax blended with a small amount of mineral oil will protect
wooden implements and prolong their usefulness. I not only coat cutting boards
with this mixture I also use it on wooden bowls and wooden spoons. Beeswax is
readily available and perfectly safe.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon