Posted to alt.food.wine
Salil Salil is offline

Default Introduction

Ben Snyder wrote:
> Forgot about Alsace Riesling. Very good, only had about two so far but
> love 'em.

Welcome to the newsgroup. And I'm also very fond of Riesling. Only
tried a few from Alsace and Germany, I'm more familiar/fond of the
Australian and New Zealand versions of it (particularly those from
Marlborough & Waipara).

Like Gewurz as well, but not had enough in the past of my own good.
Perhaps because usually when I go for whites, it's either Riesling or
Sauvignon blanc.

> Reds, she absolutely hates, even Beaujolais Nouveau. Too strong in flavor.

I'd be interested in seeing the sorts of reds you/she have tasted. Any
Aussie ones there? There are a lot of Aussie reds out there that are
'easy drinking' wines, not too strong in flavour but with a good palate
and character - and many are very reasonably priced too.

Salil