Kajikit

Default mouldy cheese Q

occupant had something important to tell us on Sun, 09 May 2004
02:08:15 GMT:

>Most cheese I freeze so I have no problem.
>I buy Mozzarella in large blocks for pizzas but no matter how tightly
>I wrap it, it starts to go mouldy on the outside in a bout two weeks
>after I have opened it from the store packaging. I cut off the mould.
>I wrap it very well in plastic. Is there anything I should be doing to
>prevent the mould from forming? If I bought some paraffin and covered
>the cheese in that, would that make a difference? Thanks for any
>feedback.

You can freeze mozarella too... we buy it in the pregrated packs and
usually use most of the pack at a time - the rest goes into the
freezer because if it stays in the fridge it'll be mouldy inside a
week! It's just one of those things...

--
~Karen AKA Kajikit
Lover of shiny things...

Made as of 29 April 2004 - 61 cards, 41 SB pages (plus 3 small giftbooks), 52 decos & more!

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com