Posted to rec.food.baking
chris chris is offline

Default Can you tell the difference?

Marcella:

Does that friend then accuse you of not giving her the correct recipe
because it doesn't taste anything like the ones you make? That burns my
butt. I ask did you use a high quality, unsalted butter? Answer: Uhh,
no. I used generic margarine, it's cheaper. Did you use fresh baking
powder? Answer: Uhhh, didn't have any and didn't want to buy some just
for one batch of cookies so I just left it out. Did you use at least
the chocolate I recommended? Answer: Well, duhhh. That stuff is
something like $6.00 per bag. They had the same stuff for $2.00 so I
used that.

If I hadn't known her since childhood I would just have #$%& her! LOL.
Hmm, I wonder why her cookies didn't taste anything like the ones she
had raved so much about and demanded the recipe for. Let's see, the
only ingredient on the list she used to specification was flour and the
bit of salt. That she had the unmitigated gall to accuse me of recipe
sabatoge so no one else could make the cookies, I'm still flabbergasted
about it.

I should have known after the chicken soup fiasco of five years ago(same
accusation, almost but same scenario, ignored recipe in favor of
whatever logic floats in her brain and it didn't taste like my soup, go
figure) but I figured baking is more an exact science than making soup.
I didn't think she would be so bold as to substitute so pell mell with
something like baking but I was soooooo wrong!

Tell your friend that you heard apples and peaches are a great fat free
dessert! LOL.