BOB

Default Cooking "cheats" for the time challenged...

Julia Altshuler typed:
> Frogleg wrote:
>
>> We assume you mean doubling the marinade recipe, not marinating A and
>> transferring the liquid to B.

> If the marinade was used the first time in the refrigerator for several
> hours, poured off the first item, poured on the 2nd item and frozen, it
> shouldn't be a problem. The 2nd item is then defrosted in the
> refrigerator in the marinade. With this method, I can't see that
> anything harmful would have a chance to grow. I like the trick.
>
> --Lia

I re-use marinades all the time. The first meat is marinated in the
refrigerator, poured off the first and onto the second, which is then put in
the refrigerator to marinate while the first meat is cooked. The marinade
never gets more than a degree or 2 above the 'fridge temperature. Of course,
YMMV and if someone doesn't like the sound of this, don't do it.

BOB