Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default Quiche

writes:

>> >I agree with tert in seattle it is not in the same league as pizza.
>> >I agree with you. It is in a league of its own.
>> >I just can't figure out why you are disagreeing,

>> here's my test -- can I eat pizza every day and still love it? yes
>>
>> could I eat quiche every day and still love it? no, well first of
>> all I don't love quiche, I just like it, and second, who would want
>> to eat quiche every day??

>Goodness...
>
>With the unbelievable number of ingredients that can be put into
>quiche....
>
>More variable than pizza by far IMHO.
>
>But I'd not want to eat EITHER of them every day for very long.
>
>But, I've been on a salad kick this week.
>That's just as, if not more, variable than either. ;-)
>
>Salads are like sandwiches, just without the bread.
>There are an endless combo.
>
>Come to think of it, quiche......
>
>Well, nevermind. ;-)

Okayyyyyyyy....

Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but it seems like your sole
method of determining what league something's in is by selecting an
imaginary number that represents how many variations can be spun
out of the basic theme -- am I right? Let me just say that's not an
interesting way to look at food IMHO but whatever, nevermind. What
I want to know is, how can you say a salad is like a sandwich, just
without the bread? A salad is a bunch of foods thrown together.
A sandwich is far more structured than a salad. You probably would
categorize that as a limitation, but some of us appreciate the need
for a little order and structure in a chaotic world. Think about
this: there's no such thing as a Reuben salad, and there's a good
reason for that! Same goes for Reuben pizza -- bad idea.