Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quiche

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > >Quiche's have a LOT of potential!
> > >At least as many as pizza toppings. <lol>

> > quiche is great, but it's not in the same league as pizza

> I disagree... It's in it's own league!

I agree with tert in seattle it is not in the same league as pizza.
I agree with you. It is in a league of its own.
I just can't figure out why you are disagreeing,

> You really cannot compare quiche to pizza.
> They are two totally different kinds of food and both have their own
> merits.

True. But, like pizza, you can take the basic crust and filling
ingredients and add different things. Hold the chicken. I have had
several different quiches with chicken and found them all disappointing.

The best quiche I ever had was more likely a Quiche Alsace, since it was
in Strasbourg in the Alsace region, next to Lorraine. It was very rich
and had ham and a used a cheese like Gruyere. The closest I had to a
genuine Quiche Lorraine was in the Lorraine region, but it was called
Tourte Lorraine. It was a small pie with about an inch of sausage meat
in the bottom and the cheesy custard on top. It was delicious. I was
stuffed by the time I finished it, and it was just the appetizer.