Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Default Question for Karen Winter and other Episcopalians

On 17 Aug 2006 10:16:16 -0700, " > wrote:
>Derek wrote:
>> On 17 Aug 2006 08:54:28 -0700, " > wrote:
>> >
>> >What should she do with the sexually aroused cockatiel? Fling it
>> >against the wall? Shake it hard? Throw it back in its lonely cage?

>> Respect its animal status and get it an appropriate mate,

>You don't get it. The reason humans hand-rear young birds, not
>allowing females to nest and nurture their own offspring, is to get
>them to bond with humans INSTEAD OF other birds.

Bonding with an animal or bird should never include debasing
it by availing yourself as its sexual partner.

>It makes them "better pets"

No, it does not. And besides, making them "better pets" isn't
in the animals' best interests; it's in the human's best interests.

<restore>
>> or,
>> failing that, instead of following your abusive alternatives,

<end restore>
>> gently put it back in its cage where it can either calm down

>Sexual instincts dont just go away, Derek.

You wasn't talking about sexual instincts - you was talking
about what one should do with a sexually aroused bird, and
yes, sexual arousal does go away while a suitable alternative
is being sought.

>> or do what it wants to do on a soft toy.

>The bird sees Karen as it's mate

No, it sees Karen's hand as something easy to masturbate
on, and a soft toy can easily be substituted for Karen's
hand.

>and many birds are strictly
>monogamous. It would have no impulse to treat a toy as a mate.

A bird will masturbate on a soft toy just as readily as on
a person's hand.

>Besides, you can't give birds "soft toys".

Yes, you can.

> They would immediately rip it apart and eat the fibers
> causing serious intestinal problems.

Then give it a soft rubber one.

>>What she shouldn't do is debase it or herself by allowing
>>it to masturbate on her hand.

>What a prude!

So, if I were to distract my labrador from using my leg to
masturbate on I would be a prude? If he continually tried
to mount my face and I refused to suck his dick, I would
be a prude?

>Sexual behavior in animals is not "debasing".

It is when that sexual behaviour includes availing oneself
as its sexual partner. Clearly, you are not fit to keep
animals either, because like Karen you're willing to
debase yourself and the animal in the hope that it will
make it a *better pet* for you, you dirty little animal-fiddler.