Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.howard-stern
Food Snob Food Snob is offline

Default Is it O.K. to re-use teabags?

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2006 05:54:55 -0700, "Alan Truism" >
> puked:
>
> >Mark Edwards wrote:
> >>

> >Forget teabags. Use loose leaf and a decent infuser. I prefer the
> >basket style infusers to the crappy teaballs that hang on a chain.

> Lipton's cold brew iced tea is much better than any of that clumsy
> crap. Good god, it's the 21st century! Why anyone wants to fiddle
> **** with packing tea in devices and all that is beyond me.

The Lipton you write of is lower quality and far more expensive than
loose tea.
I get this for $7.99 a kilo at the local global grocer:
http://www.coffeeam.com/royceygun12l.html

If you have more money than time, and care more about ease of
preparation than taste, go ahead and stick with the Lipton.

I use this old fashioned tool called a tea strainer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...views&n=284507

> Does your woman roll her own tampons, too?

By that kind of logic, instant mashed potatoes would be a good choice
over freshly made mashed potatoes.

--Bryan