Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How long 2 boil corn on the cob?

Oh pshaw, on Thu 10 Aug 2006 02:18:55p, meant to say...

> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> On a related note, I was picking through green beans at the store last
>> week, and the old lady next to me asked how I was going to cook them. I
>> told her. Then, she held up some large "all purpose potatoes" and said
>> "I like to put the beans in the pot and boil them with the potatoes.
>> They take about the same time, you know?"
>>
>> Can you imagine those green beans? :-)

> I don't know about large potatoes but green beans cooked with small
> round potatoes are good. Green beans and corn mixed together are good
> too.

Green beans and potatoes is a "standard" southern side dish, in which the
green beans are not meant to be "tender-crisp". It's very good if done well.

--
Wayne Boatwright

These shoes look like Frankenstein's hand-me-downs.