Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Cornish Game Hens

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:33:42 GMT, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:
>>Wait until they grow up and grill a chicken instead.

>I agree. To me, they're just not worth the trouble. Crash loves
>making them, They're one of his "specialties." I want to run away
>from home every time I see him put some in the shopping cart. I
>consider them a novelty item. Give me a chicken, any time.

Maybe since they're small they need more aggressive
roasting. 500 degrees until done.

It's been forever since I've made one, so I have no
idea which way to go on the herbs and spices, but
I don't doubt there'll be something subtle in there
that will suggest something to enhance it.

Quail, on the other hand, still works. Something
about wild rice, olive oil, rosemary...

--Blair