Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini[_2_] kilikini[_2_] is offline

Default high school cafeteria burgers

"The Space Boss" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Derek Lyons wrote:
>

> > Much also depends on what *part* of the animal is used. I.E. the
> > stuff used in the cheap burgers bought by the school system isn't a
> > part of the animal in great demand down at the local Megamart.
> >

> When I worked at Jack in the Box, the meat had a different taste than
> other places. Oh, they were GREAT burgers, just tasted like they were
> seasoned a little different, or something (actually, it probably had a
> LOT to do with the vented, steel "warmers" that the patties were stored
> on until use.. they would continue to cook the meat as they sat right
> on the grill, and the grease would drip through the holes creating
> smoke that would season the meat.. good stuff). We even had customers
> enquire as to whether the patties were 100% pure beef. When I first
> started working there, I asked the shift leader what she would say if
> asked if they were 100% pure beef, and she said she'd say "As far as I
> know they are".
>
> (For the record, they WERE 100% pure beef).

Jack in the Box is the only fast food place I will eat a burger at, but
sadly, we don't have any in our area; my husband would have to drive 14
hours to get one for me. I've only ever been able to eat half a Jumbo Jack,
but that only leaves more for breakfast! Yum. Burger King, McDonalds,
Sonic, Checkers, Wendy's, has nothing on Jack in the Box!

kili

kili