Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Chinese Food Delivery

George wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
>

>> First thing that crossed my mind is why a delivery service would
>> not answer their phones and put a recording on if they supposedly
>> delivered for other restaurants as well.
>>
>> Wouldn't you still at least answer the phone to take orders for
>> other restaurant deliveries?
>>
>> -sw

> I pictured something like a cheesy version of "marketing on hold".
>
> "Thanks for calling Mega insurance, did you know we now offer a
> discount for people with 10 fingers?, press 1, 0 and the pound sign
> to hear more...otherwise please stay on the line and a "customer care"
> representative will be with you shortly..."

To respond to SQWRTZ, whom I keep killfiling - the delivery service has
different phone numbers depending on the business they deliver for. Hence
the "sticker" for the phone number mentioned in my original post.

He keeps coming back like a bad penny or a piece of gum stuck to my shoe. I
cannot get rid of him. It's ridiculous.

Jill