Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Mike McGeough Mike McGeough is offline

Default Pulling and Replanting

Paul,

I replaced my Aurore, DeChaunac and Baco Noir with Vignoles and Noiret.
With the Baco & Aurore, I just cut them off at the ground and planted
the replacements as close as I could get. With the Baco, I planted the
replacements about 2' away and kept the whole Baco vine that year, then
cut off the near canes the second year, and finally cut off the trunk
the third year. Just to keep production up.

I could see no setback to the new vines in any case. They did just as
well as any 1st year vines I've had here. YMMV.

--
Mike MTM, Cokesbury, NJ, USA

http://www.usenet.com