Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Pie Shields

Oh pshaw, On Wed 02 Aug 2006 01:24:25p, Jke was muttering about...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> 28.19...
>> Oh pshaw, on Sat 29 Jul 2006 04:26:35p, Scott O meant to say...
>>
>>> Does anyone know where I can find pie shields for smaller pie pans? I
>>> have the adjustable kind, but I can't seem to find any small enough
>>> for the pot pie sized pans.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Scott

>> I don't think they exist. I really like using pie shields, but you'll
>> probably have to use foil for the small ones.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright
>>
>> Don't stop posting, a good laugh breaks up my day nicely

> I don't have the original post, so I'll tag on here. I looked up what a
> pie shield was (had never heard of them) and came across an adjustable
> one:
>
> http://discount-household-merchandis...e.com/598.html
>
> It says it will it pots up to 10" diameter.

It might be worth a try, but I think these work best on 8-10" pies. Not
sure how well they would work on a pot pie that is probably only 5" across.

--

Wayne Boatwright

I often wonder ...
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on me?