Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
Leif Erikson[_1_] Leif Erikson[_1_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

pearl wrote:

> "chico chupacabra" > wrote in message ...
>

>>Chelsea foot-rubbing harlot wrote:

> Lies # 1, 2 and 3.

>>>You don't know what we've studied.

>>Uh huh. You failed out of engineering school and ended up learning
>>"reflexology" from new age hippie conmen:

> Lie #4.
>

>> I am a qualified Reflexologist and received my training in
>>
>> London.
>> http://tinyurl.com/mh7a
>>
>>Reflexology is pseudoscience:
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexo...cientific_view
>>

> BULLSHIT

"Reflexology" is bullshit. Correct.

Scientists and medical professionals consider
reflexology to be a pseudoscience; there are no
reliable scientific studies proving its
effectiveness as a medical treatment, or that there
is any form of link between specific areas of the
feet and the various organs of the body.
Furthermore, the 'crystalline structures' rationale
is unsustained by current understanding of
physiology. There is no scientific evidence that
healing can be achieved by it or that the claimed
"energies" and their supposed pathways through the
body even exist. However, research shows the
relaxing and pleasurable nature of massage has many
medical benefits.

Prominent skeptic Stephen Barrett, M.D., contends
there is no scientific support for any of the
theories of Reflexology, and refers to several
scientific studies that have shown Reflexology is no
better than random chance detecting medical
problems.

In a paper titled "Reflexology: A Closer Look", Dr.
Barrett concludes: "Reflexology is based on an
absurd theory... Claims that reflexology is
effective for diagnosing or treating disease should
be ignored. Such claims could lead to delay of
necessary medical care..." [2]

William T. Jarvis, Ph.D. says: "Reflexology has
almost no potential for direct harm, but its ability
to mislead well-meaning people into believing that
it can be used for screening for health problems, or
that it has real therapeutic value could lead to
serious problems..."

This is the best:

On the TV programm Bullshit!, Penn Jillette compared
reflexology to hitting the tires of your car in
order to change the sparkplugs.

There is ZERO scientific evidence to support the
fabulous claims of the quack medicine fraudsters called
"reflexologists".