PENMART01

Default strange plant

>anna maria follows up her own post:
>
>anna maria wrote:
>> I was in Rome last february and I took several pictures in the Campo de'
>> Fiori farmers market. Today I was looking at the pictures and I saw on
>> one of them a strange plant I didn't notice before.
>>
>> I am publishing part of the picture at this address
>>
>> http://www.annamariavolpi.com/misterious_plant.html
>>
>> The plant looks like a gigantic sage with leaves about one foot long. I
>> have never seen it before.
>>
>> Does anyone know what it is?
>> http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html
>>

>I posted on the Italian food newsgroup and discovered that this plant is
>a sage! I have never seen it so big, but apparently few varieties of
>sage of this type come from Southern America. One of the posters said
>she has a sage plant with leaves up to 8 inch long. There is a recipe
>for fried sage leaves in Italian cooking and she said this is the best
>variety to use for it.

Your photo depicted no kind of sage plant I've ever seen, not even close, sage
just doesn't grow like that nor do sage leaves have that texture... now that
I've looked more carefully they look exactly like beet greens... you need to
substantiate your claim about giant sage with documentation from some
independant botanical site, and post the link here.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon