Posted to rec.food.cooking
LadyJane LadyJane is offline

Default Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef)

jmcquown wrote:
> I'm not THE chef, but I know how to cook corned beef brisket. Why on earth
> would it need to be cubed? Corned beef is sliced across the grain thinly
> and served with steamed cabbage and sometimes sliced carrots and cubed
> potatoes. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "cubed"
> corned beef.
>
> Jill

Just because YOU serve it thin doesn't mean it's the only way.
WE serve it in THICK slices, sometimes with a parsley sauce, sometimes
with a spicy chutney accompaniment and the list of veg is ever changing
depending on the season.

AND for the record, I have finely cubed (cooked) corned beef and added
it to a few dishes:
nice alternative to bacon or ham in fried rice
also nice added to a white cheese sauce and served over spuds
in their jackets
added to scrambled eggs for brunch
the list continues to grow.

You are coming across as very intractible Jill.
Give the guy a break. He asked a simple question and you needlessly
berrated him.
Why?
What makes you an authority?
Or me for that matter?
Costs nothing to be civil, when a civil question is posed.

By the way Peter, if you are looking for a recipe for corned beef my
style, it's listed in the signature dishes section of the unofficial
rfc website:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/signature.php
along with an amazing variety of great dishes from other
rfc'ers...check it out!

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
.........or one who is too quick to criticise