Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default The Time-Life Cookbooks: Foods of the World series

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:47:15 GMT, "Syssi" >
wrote:

>Actually, they came out long before then! Back in the 80s, I found a local
>library that had the Time-Life cookbooks dated * 1944 *!! I'd give my eye
>teeth to have them. How stupid was I not to ask if they'd part with them.
>
>--
>Cyndi (again)

This series started coming out in the late 60's. I remember seeing an
ad for the series, and I was all enthused. I asked my mother if I
could get the series, and she agreed to it. I was just a teenager at
the time.

I think we started getting the volumes about 68 or 69. Probably 68. I
was starting to cook from them pretty regularly by the time I left for
nursing school in 1969. I think I had about 5 or 6 volumes of them by
then... maybe more. I took the spiral bounds booklets to school with
me...

Christine