Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
ant[_3_] ant[_3_] is offline

Default Raspberry and Coconut Loaf

Linda H wrote:

> I'm such a Pantry Pedant. I even make sure I keep Vanilla Beans in
> "some" of my cooking sugars

We do that, too. It's good that vanilla beans have become easier to get hold
of in recent years. Wonderful smell.

> White Sugar (plain granulated)
> Caster Sugar

Caster is vital for making ice cream.

> Pure Icing Sugar
> Soft Icing Mixture
> Gluten Free Icing Sugar (wheat-starch free)

Hmm. That's interesting. Does normal icing sugar contain wheat or corn
starch?

> Modelling Sugar Powder (for modelling paste)
> Raw Sugar

I also call that "coffee sugar" although its real name is raw sugar. How do
you usually use that in cooking?

> (Light) Brown Sugar
> (Dark) Brown Sugar

Love the flavour of brown sugar, marvellous for slices. Made a wonderful
orange syrup with it, too. Butter, squeezed oranges, and brown sugar.

> Demerara Crystals
> Palm Sugar
> Mollasses
> Golden Syrup

Arnotts' secret ingredient in quite a few of their bikkies!

--
ant