Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Bluesea Bluesea is offline

Default Looking for the most vegetal "fishy" green possible

"Dominic T." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Michael Plant wrote:
>> I personally like those "fishy" Senchas. My
>> theory is that they are not "fishy" at all, but
>> rather impart the smell of the sea and the
>> seaweed in and among which fish swim. It's
>> the fish association, not the fish per se. Well,
>> I could be wrong and probably am.
>> Michael

> Nope, you are dead-on correct.

Although our experiences are surely different, having grown up in Honolulu,
I'm going to disagree at this point. The fishy oolong that I tried was
distinctly, repulsively, fishy and didn't smell at all like the ocean or
even like fresh or dried seaweed. Besides, fresh fish doesn't smell fishy.
Dad taught me how to spearfish and Mom took me to the open air fish market
in Chinatown and taught me how to buy fish. If it smelled fishy, it was old,
not fresh.

"Fish and houseguests stink after three days."

That yours reminded you of the sea is something that I envy.

--
~~Bluesea~~