Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucyspoileddog@yahoo.com is offline

Default The Time-Life Cookbooks: Foods of the World series

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> A bunch of us in chat tonight got to talking about the Time-Life
> series, The Foods of The World. Seems like most of us, at least in
> chat, have a few volumes of that series.
>

> What are your experiences with this landmark series?
>
> Christine

These books were very influencial to me as a kid! My parents got them
all, and I was always the first one to open and review it page by page,
so I think I've seen every single page in the series. We used to try
out recipes from them all the time, and I really developed a sense of
geography as well as cooking from them. For Christmas a few years ago
my Dad surprised me with my own set that he bought from eBay. He knows
I'm a serious cookbook collector (and user) and I made room on some
prime real estate in my kitchen bookcase that houses part of my
cookbook collection. I really love them.

Sandy