Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default The Time-Life Cookbooks: Foods of the World series

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:40:45 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:14:44 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> A bunch of us in chat tonight got to talking about the Time-Life
>> series, The Foods of The World. Seems like most of us, at least in
>> chat, have a few volumes of that series.

>I think I have them all. Both the spiral bound recipe books and
>companion hardcovers. All from the 70's. Are there newer
>revised editions?
>
>-sw

I don't really know. I think those are the only versions printed, and
they have been out of print for a long time.

Another question for you all...have any of you cooked much from them?
And how have the recipes stood up through these years, at least those
of you that cook from them....

I think it is going to be interesting for me at least,to go back and
try some. Might be easier, since a lot of the ingredients are now
available widely. I have some volumes that bear revisiting, I think.
One of the ones we were talking about last night in the chat channel,
was the Spain-Portugal one. I think I might try some of those
recipes, even though I have several Spanish cookbooks already. Maybe
do a comparison between those recipes, and the ones from my Spanish
cookbooks.

Christine