Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default TN: Dragonstone, Hiedler, and Passavant

On 20 Jul 2006 10:49:05 -0700, "DaleW" > wrote:

>The following night, I took some kids from upstate on a Midnight Run
>before dropping them at the church in the city where they were staying.
>As I headed up the West Side Highway, a southbound Jeep came flying
>(literally) over the median and smashed into the back of the Excursion
>I was driving. I spun either 900° or 1260°. Miraculously, I wasn't
>really hurt (folks in other car were, but not as bad as it could have
>been). The real miracle was those kids weren't in the Excursion at
>time. When I eventually made it home , for once I thought I actually
>NEEDED a drink. So now the Dragonstone seemed more complex, with rich
>mineral notes and serious depth. It might have been the time open that
>improved it further, but my guess it was my mood! As a post major
>accident quaff, the Dragonstone gets a solid A.

So, I guess you're not in the market for a down-sized, eco-friendly
smaller car? There's some advantage to bulk!

Since moving to small town USA, I've gotten increasingly averse to
visits to the big city. Took a trip for five days last week to San
Antonio--IH-35 took me through Ft. Worth, Waco (bigger than I
recalled!), Austin and finally SA. Drivers all insane, congestion
ubiquitous, tension unrelenting.

Return trip went via smaller roads through the beautiful Texas Hill
Country. Much more pleasant and relaxing.

Will report on wining and dining in a separate note.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org